The objectives of each Investigative Team (I-Team) are to:
- Identify ALL potential therapeutic options around the globe that might have the doctor treat this particular patient. To the extent that time and money will allow, every option should at least be considered even if it has not been used for the I-Team cancer type.
- Evaluate any supportive data and where possible, test each option in informative, credible and pre-clinical biological models.
- Personalize these options to each patient and doctor team. This is done through biological and genetic testing on fixed, frozen or living tumor specimens. Try to predict and prioritize which options are most likely to work for this particular patient.
- Accelerate rapid clinical development of, and access to, agents which hold promise for the I-Team patient.
Where do we find options or technologies that may save your life?
The options can be drawn from four categories:
- Standard of Care (i.e. FDA approved)
- Clinical Trials (i.e. global clinical trial databases)
- Cutting-Edge technology and pre-clinical research options that are currently in development
- Creation of new agents or technology options through insights gained from the personalized I-Team research collaborations
How does the I-TEAM find all Therapeutic and Diagnostic Options?
By establishing global collaborations amongst local and international patients, doctors and academic research scientists, I-Teams, and following ICARE’s proprietary 10-Step I-Team Process.